Nokia Friend View updated: now with friend alertsMon, 2009-04-06 13:00
Written by Brenda, Nokia Friend View team
Friend View takes another small step to make you feel closer to you friends! We have just released a Spring gift for you! A nice update to the S60 application with Friend alerts!
Now you can keep Friend View in the background in "Normal" or "Active" modes (options: Refresh Mode) and a "pling-plung" from Friend View will tell you that your friend is close by so you can meet. You will of course get alerted as well if Friend View is in use in foreground.
Depending on where you live or travel, on your schedule and mood, you can adjust the Friend alerts' meeting zone (options: More: Settings - Friend Alerts & Meeting zone) to define how close your friends should be to get alerted.
We also did small enhancements and bug fixings.
Remember to try the shortcuts for a better experience:
- click 1 to open Friends
- click 2 to start writing a post
- click 3 to open What's up!
- click # and * to zoom in and out
- click 0 to quickly locate yourself on the map
- click 8 to switch to panning or hopping mode on map
- click 5 to switch Refresh mode to get updates depending on your battery possibilities and your and your friends' activity
Enjoy! And please keep sending us feedback :)
Warm greetings from the Friend View team!