Ovi Mail updated, with extended language support and improved qualityMon, 2009-04-06 06:33
Written by Patricia Thomas, Ovi Mail team
Since we launched the Webmail version of Ovi Mail in February 2009, we’ve seen an increased interest in account registrations around the globe. We have users in over 170 countries using Ovi Mail on 75 Nokia devices and the web.
Today we’re pleased to announce the v1.1 release for Webmail that extends language support to a total of 12 languages including:
- UK English, US English, Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Malay, Bengali, French, German, Hindi, Tagalog, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Spanish
We’ve been listening to your feedback and are glad to report that we’ve fixed a number of bugs in this release. For example:
- Improved the ‘compose’ experience by setting default font, headings, and bold, italic & underline formatting
- Enhanced message display by turning URLs into links
- Upgraded the addressing function by adding auto-complete with multiple addresses and enabling “;” as a separator
- Address book preferences – you can now display contacts by either first or last name
And we want you to know that we’ve heard your requests for integration with Ovi Contacts and Ovi.com as well as support for S60 account creation. We’re working hard to make all that happen in our upcoming releases.
Please stay tuned for more improvements and keep the feedback coming!
Tell your family and friends about Ovi Mail and ask them to sign up for their preferred email address at http://mail.ovi.com or on their S40 Nokia device today.
The Ovi Mail Team