Nokia Point & Find updated: use the mobile discovery platform to launch your own experience.Tue, 2009-06-16 09:33
Written by Sophie-Charlotte Moatti, P&F team
In my last post, I promised that you would soon be able to use Nokia Point & Find as a mobile discovery platform to launch your own experiences. Here we are.
The P&F Management Portal lets you create, manage and share your own custom experiences with others. We call them your ‘worlds’. For instance, the Camden Crawl music festival in London created its world. During the festival, visitors could point at posters, flyers and venues with their phones to connect to Camden Crawl content and promos. Other branded worlds are in preparation and we hope you will try to create a world of yours.
- Create a world –you can name your own experience and customize it; remember, there is a subscription fee to create a world
- Build a directory –a directory lets you associate images to content or actions; you can organize your directory using folders so your users can easily navigate it
- Secure access –you only decide who can join your world and with what access right
- Add and manage tags – tags define what action will be taken when your users point at objects; they can be modified, copied, deleted
Once your world is ready, others can download it by entering its full name on the Add/Remove world screen in their P&F client.
Your feedback is keeping us positively busy and we hope to make the service available more broadly in the near future. Please continue to use the forum to tell us:
- Your thoughts on Nokia Point & Find as a mobile discovery platform
- How we can improve the usability of the Management Portal
- What is missing or unclear in our quick start guide
- Anything that can help us make our service better
- Sophie-Charlotte Moatti and the P&F team
Download Nokia Point & Find at pointandfind.nokia.com