Nokia Ovi Suite 2.0 Beta updated - now with localizations and many bug fixesFri, 2009-07-31 11:18
Written by Samuli Ylinen from Nokia Ovi Suite team
Hi all! Many people here in Finland are still enjoying of their summer holidays, but suprisingly, we've have people working for Nokia Ovi Suite 2.0 Beta update. We're now able to present you updated Nokia Ovi Suite 2.0 Beta, with localizations for 29 different languages and many different bug fixes in different parts of software, we've been able to fix many crash bugs, which have been reported to us. So, now you can try updated Nokia Ovi Suite 2.0 Beta with your own language and try out, if any of old problems, which you have previously reported, are still happening. We're interested to hear.
For those of you, who have installed first Nokia Ovi Suite 2.0 Beta version (Nokia Ovi Suite 0.4.7.0 to be exact), Nokia Ovi Suite 2.0 Beta will automatically inform you about new software version and you will be able download and install updated Beta release easily. We recommend you to try out this way and give us feedback in discussion forum, how upgrade went. If you don't have old Nokia Ovi Suite 2.0 Beta installed, you can download version from Nokia Ovi Suite 2.0 download page in Nokia Betalabs.
List of bug fixes and improvements is long, but I'll try highlight here some issues:
- Music tracks can now be removed from Nokia Ovi Suite without them being deleted from the file system.
- Music sync related fixes. When syncing all music to device, the tracks which already exist in device are automatically ignored. This improves performance.
- Manual copying photos from a device to Nokia Ovi Suite works now.
- Many syncing related bug fixes.
- Map deletion related crash fixed.
- Improvements in contact editing and saving.
- We added links to Nokia Betalabs Nokia Ovi Suite page and discussion forum into Nokia Ovi Suite 2.0 home view, so you can conveniently go reporting your issues into Nokia Betalabs.
So keep using the Nokia Ovi Suite 2.0 Beta, tell us your feedbacks. We have looked lot into discussion what you told us about first Beta and we're delighted to see, how interested you are about our product. We continue working on with Nokia Ovi Suite 2.0 and lots of your suggestions and feedback match with our future plans for upcoming releases.
Samuli, on the behalf of Nokia Ovi Suite team