Ovi Mail now integrated with Contacts and available in ArabicThu, 2010-03-04 10:28
The Ovi Mail team has just released Ovi Mail 2.0. With this release, your Ovi Mail contacts and Ovi Contacts are merged into one contacts list. You can view, edit, delete or create your contacts from Ovi Contacts or Ovi Mail. You can also sync your device phonebook with Ovi Contacts and Ovi Mail. This was the most desired feature by Ovi Mail users and we are excited to bring this to you.
The following use case is now supported with the changes in Ovi Mail 2.0:
Save a contact and view from device:
- User opens an email from a friend in Ovi Mail on the web and sends a reply back
- Ovi Mail shows a dialog box asking if he wants to add the person to his address book. User says yes and fills in the entries and clicks on ‘Add contact’
- Within a few minutes, the new contact appears in Ovi Contacts on the web because Ovi Mail now is integrated with Ovi Contacts
- User decides to sync his phone to get the newly added contact on his phone. User can either initiate a sync from device or from Ovi Contacts on the web to sync his contacts
- After the sync completes, user views the Phonebook on the device and the name of the friend and the newly added email address appear in the Phonebook on the phone
Ovi Mail 2.0 also comes with Arabic support to help customers in Arabic-speaking countries view their Ovi Mail account in Arabic. Over 280 Million people use Arabic as their first language. This was a challenging feature to implement considering the fact that it’s a right-to-left language and the Ovi Mail UI had to be changed to support this orientation.
Please try it out at mail.ovi.com or on your device and let us know what you think here at Nokia Beta Labs.
Product Manager for Ovi Mail