Introducing Nokia Big Screen - Share your media in high definitionWed, 2011-01-05 14:10
Written by Elina, Nokia Big Screen team
If you have a Nokia N8 you've probably got photos, videos, and music on there, and you take them with you wherever you go. But sometimes, you’d like to get them out in the open and show your friends, too.
This is where Nokia Big Screen comes in.
With this mobile application for phones with HDMI output (like the Nokia N8 and Nokia E7), you can turn your phone into a portable media center that you can easily connect to any TV set that supports HDMI. This way, you can show all your good stuff on the big screen of a high-definition TV and play your music through a home theatre system. Whenever the situation calls for it.
The application opens automatically when you connect your phone to any high-definition TV with an HDMI cable. Controlling Nokia Big Screen is easy, too. You can use the application from the phone touch display or by wirelessly connecting a Bluetooth keyboard or Wii Remote to your phone. Simple as that.
With Nokia Big Screen, you can play videos in high definition on the big screen, subtitles included. Or, listen to music from your phone with a surround-sound home theatre system.
When you view your photos, you can have music playing in the background.
Want to get a party started? A sure-fire way to lift the mood is to throw in some karaoke. Nokia Big Screen can turn your phone and TV into a karaoke machine, as you can get the song lyrics onscreen for singing along.
In short, Nokia Big Screen gives you the following treats:
- Show your photos and videos in high definition on your TV screen
- Listen to music from your phone on your home audio system
- View song lyrics in karaoke style and watch videos with subtitles
- Play music in the background while you browse your photos
- Enjoy slideshows with music of your choice
- Have a screen saver activate after a minute's idle time to protect your TV
- Use your phone as an entertainment hub you can take everywhere with you