Nokia Mail for Exchange beta for Asha 302 and Asha 303 updated with improved language support and performanceWed, 2012-06-13 09:18
Firstly, I would like to thank all of you for your active discussion and contribution in the discussion forum. This has helped us improve the quality of our software.
Today we are happy to announce an update which brings huge improvements to the Nokia Mail for Exchange client for the Asha 302 and Asha 303.
This beta software requires a firmware of 14.53 or above, and this has been the top-most issue for most of the users as the updated firmware for Asha 302 and Asha 303 is not yet available in all countries. Although the roll-out has started, it hasn’t become available in all regions yet. However, this will continue to improve in the coming weeks.
Now about the release we are making today, I am happy to say that we have a lot of improvements to share with you. We are getting closer to having mature software ready for publishing in the Nokia Store.
What has changed since the last release:
- Improved User interface and better UI Performance in terms of responsiveness
- Calendar support for daylight savings is complete and functional
- Ability to attach and download files to the device file system “Received Files”
- Memory leaks are fixed and hence now the application will not get stuck anymore and continue to sync according to the set sync options.
- An improved rendering capability for extended text format.
- The application is compatible with Microsoft Office 365 Mobility Service (i.e only synchronization of email, contacts and calendar and support for remote contacts lookup)
- We are now supporting 21 languages in today’s update.
- A number of improvements and bug fixes are incorporated in this release.
We would love to receive your feedback on this update, including suggestions for any enhancements that would help make it a better product. Please make sure to rate the application in Beta Labs after you update your client.
And if you would like to provide more detailed feedback please do use the forum. Our team monitors the feedback and will respond to you via the forum.
Senior Product Manager
Here again is the introductory video: