Improvements to how we gather and organize feedback at Nokia Beta LabsWed, 2012-06-27 17:00
Like the trials we host at Nokia Beta Labs, we are also looking for ways to improve on how we manage trials in general. A lot of feedback we get from the community and from the product teams we work with has to do with managing feedback. Reducing duplication and increasing responsiveness have been the two main requests.
We are delighted to finally be making some updates to our feedback forums to address these issues.
Here's a quick overview of the changes you'll see on the site.
Give Feedback flow
- Step-by-step flow instead of static form
- Check for similar threads (based on a few keywords) before submitting new thread
- Product team pictures show on feedback submission form with feedback hints and response rate
- Add attachments to feedback
- Add tags to feedback
- Add device info with bug reports (and saved in profile)
- “Thank you” page to conclude the feedback giving flow
- New feedback summary page
- Product team responsiveness is shown
- Profile pictures of thread creator shown in lists too
- Simple and Extended views in forum lists
- Add votes to bugs and suggestions in forum lists too
- Sort bugs and suggestions by votes
- Filter by tags
Additionally, we've extended some of the capabilities product teams have in terms of configuring their trial pages and managing feedback.
With these changes we hope that you’ll have a more rewarding experience when participating in our trials. As always, we welcome your feedback about your trial experience on the Nokia Beta Labs site forum.
- John - Community manager at Nokia Beta Labs