Connect your Nokia N9 phone to your computer with Nokia SuiteMon, 2012-07-02 13:14
If you’ve got a Nokia N9 phone in your possession and would like to move contacts, messages, photos, music, and more between your phone and computer, we’ve got good news for you. You can now connect your Nokia N9 phone to your computer with the help of Nokia Suite.
In Nokia Suite, you can carry out most tasks as usual, but there are some things that work differently from what you may have grown accustomed to. Let us take you through everything that has changed so you’ll be better prepared.
What works differently
When you connect your Nokia N9 phone to your computer with a USB cable, make sure you choose the Sync and connect USB mode to create the connection to Nokia Suite. Other than that, connecting works just like before.
Which tasks can’t be done with Nokia N9
Some tasks that you can perform with Nokia Suite when you’ve got another type of phone model connected are not fully available for the Nokia N9 phone. Here’s a brief listing of the tasks that don’t work with Nokia N9:
- Syncing multimedia messages between your phone and a computer. You can sync text messages as usual, but any multimedia messages on your phone will not be shown in the Messages view of Nokia Suite. To save an attachment, such as a photo, from a message to Nokia Suite on your computer, first save the attachment to your phone’s Gallery. Then, in Nokia Suite, sync your photos and videos. The photo can then be seen in the Gallery view of Nokia Suite.
- Syncing contact groups between your phone and a computer. You can sync single contacts as usual, but any contact groups on your phone will not be shown in the Contacts view of Nokia Suite. After syncing your contacts, you can create new contact groups on your phone.
- Syncing bookmarks between your phone and a computer. You will need to create your bookmarks again on your phone, as they can’t be synced to your Nokia N9 phone.
- Copying playlists to your phone, or seeing the phone’s playlists in Nokia Suite. You can browse your tracks as usual, but any playlists from your phone will not be shown in the Music view of Nokia Suite. To work around the problem, choose the tracks of a playlist in Nokia Suite and copy the tracks to your phone. Then, create a new playlist from the tracks on your phone.
- Downloading files from Nokia Store, or installing apps to your phone through Nokia Suite. You can download files and install apps directly on your phone with the help of your phone’s Store app.
- Being able to see some information in the Support view of Nokia Suite, such as battery levels, network coverage, and whether Bluetooth is switched on or not.
- Being able to see the contacts or calendar items you’ve previously synced through Mail for Exchange or similar phone apps. If you run into this problem, you need to create the contacts and calendar items manually on your phone.
We hope these notes and instructions will help you tackle the tasks you want to get done when taking your Nokia N9 phone into use and get the full benefit out of connecting your phone and computer. Enjoy your Nokia N9!
- The Nokia Suite team