Nokia Pulse Beta update for Windows Phone. What and where. All in one message.Fri, 2012-07-20 11:56
Meeting up with friends usually means sending text after text to say where you are and decide where to meet. Nokia Pulse is smarter messaging. It automatically tags your message with your location, and even lets you suggest a place to meet, complete with ratings and reviews, map, directions, and more—all in one Pulse message.
So you spend less time messaging. And more time together.
- Pulse automatically adds your current location to each message you send, whether it’s a known place or your specific address. Suggest a place for your next gathering or simply say “I’m here,” and Pulse adds the rest.
- Deep integration with Nokia Maps. When you suggest a place to meet, you share rich details that everyone can access with a tap—ratings and reviews, map, directions, and even the phone number to call, all without ever leaving the app.
- Create a Pulse live tile or a conversation live tile by selecting “pin to start” for the Pulse app or a specific conversation. The Pulse live tile notifies you of a new Pulse message from any conversation while the conversation live tile lets you know when a new message is received in that conversation.
- When you send a Pulse message to a friend, they can use their Facebook log-in with Pulse if they don’t already have a Nokia account.
- Send your message to the people you choose and no one else—no complicated privacy settings needed. Start entering a friend’s email address, and we’ll auto-fill the email address if it’s already in your contact list.
Setup’s a breeze. Download Nokia Pulse, and sign-in with your Nokia account or Facebook log-in.
New features in the Nokia Pulse Beta 0.9.5.11
- Conversation live tile – pin a specific conversation to your Start screen
- Pulse from landing page – tap in the “Send a message” box and go directly to the Compose screen
- Recognize multiple email addresses for an individual user
Pulse is available for use with various Windows Phone devices, such as Nokia Lumia 900, Lumia 800, Lumia 710, and Lumia 610 and with Samsung Focus, Samsung Omnia7, HTC Pro, HTC HD7, HTC Mozart, HTC Surround, HTC Trophy, LG Optimus, LG Quantum, and Dell Venue Pro. It is also available for Symbian, the Nokia N9, and web and mobile web users, but the functionality has not changed for these users. You can find installation instructions on the “Try it” page.
We’d love to receive your feedback about Nokia Pulse beta, including any enhancements that you think would help make it a better product. Please rate our service by answering the NPS questions in the client. And if you would like to provide more detailed feedback, use the forum, located here on Beta Labs. Our team monitors the feedback and will respond to you via the forum.
We always listen to you. If you would like to converse with us via Nokia Pulse send me your email address (the one you use to sign in to Pulse) and I’ll add you to our conversation!