City Lens 1.5 beta for WP7: A Clearer View Around YouWed, 2012-11-28 15:12
The City Lens team is happy to release City Lens 1.5 beta for Lumia WP7 available today on BetaLabs!
Nokia City Lens 1.5 beta introduces great new features to make City Lens even easier to use. New viewing options like line of sight and freeze view let you more easily study your options and make sense of crowded areas. Tap to view basic information about a place while you keep scanning. And you can also now pin your most common searches to your home screen so you can find what you are looking for at a glance.
Here’s what’s new:
- See just what’s in front of you. Normally, City Lens shows you all the places nearby—even around the corner or a block away. In crowded areas, that can be a lot to take in. Our new Sightline features lets you switch your view to only what’s in your direct line of sight, making it easier to spot great places that are right in front of you.
- Quick info– Get information while you look. Now you can quickly view a place’s address without leaving your camera view. Just tap to view the information overlaid on your display while you keep scanning. When you’re ready to learn more about the place, another tap pulls up its complete information.
- Pause your view. When scanning your surroundings in camera view, you can now freeze your view and study your options without having to keep your phone pointed at the target.
- Pin categories to start– Your most common searches with a tap. City Lens now lets you pin favorite categories to your home screen. Now wherever you are, you can find something you love nearby with just a tap.
- Create Live Tiles– What you want at a glance. City Lens lets you search for your favorite things whether it’s books or sushi and lets you pin your favorite searches to your home screen.
Get it today in Beta Labs and let us know what you think! Your thoughts and suggestions are very important to us – we’ll be standing by to hear your feedback.
All the best,
The City Lens Team