Nokia Mail for Exchange for Asha 302 and 303
Nokia Mail for Exchange Beta release for Asha 302 and Asha 303 is a mobile email application that utilizes widely used Microsoft® Exchange ActiveSync® protocol. This protocol enables Email, Calendar and Contact data synchronization between compatible Nokia Asha phones and Microsoft® Exchange servers.
This release is meant to give you early access to the application under development. We hope to get your valuable feedback to help us improve the software as we mature the software and get ready to release to Nokia Store.
Update notes from June 13, 2012:
New beta version release with improved support for languages, and a number of error corrections based on user feedback:
- Enhanced UI and performance improvements
- Calendar now supports daylight savings and fixes many issues with synchronization
- 'Out of Memory’ issues which blocked the synchronization has been fixed.
- Improved INBOX-day separator to be better visible now
- The option to ’Ignore’ when a user tries to “connect to untrusted servers / certificate requires to be ínstalled before proceeding further” has been removed.
- User can initiate a call from the Company Directory
- Fixed as bug when navigating around HTML Tables
- Initial connection problems with accessing a Hotmail account has been fixed
NOTE: Nokia Asha 302 and Nokia Asha 303 require device software version 14.53 or above.
Please check the software version of your device. The latest software version for the Asha 302 and Asha 302 are available via the Nokia Suite. Please note the availability of software updates is country and operator specific. If you don't have it already, it should be available in your market soon.
NOTE: We do not support Gmail or Hotmail use with this application yet.
- View emails with extended text formatting
- Flag, move and copy messages
- Sync multiple folders
- Local contacts auto complete when composing email
- Search messages locally
- View attachment file name, download the file and forward existing attachments.
Calendar and contacts synchronization:
- Integrates with Series 40 native calendar and contacts applications
- View synchronized events from Exchange calendar
- Create new synchronized personal calendar events
- Create, accept and reject meeting requests
- Two-way contacts synchronization
- Global address book lookup of contacts
Connectivity and security:
- Synchronizes email, calendar and contacts data over secure HTTPS connection
- Application data encryption
- Application inactivity security lock
- Supports essential ActiveSync security policies including - Alphanumeric password required - Minimum password length - Minimum password required complex characters - Maximum failed password attempts - Local wipe after maximum attempts
Note: The provision of this device to you does not grant you, and you do not receive, any rights under any Microsoft intellectual property with respect to any server software, or server device, that is accessed using this device or with respect to use of Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync apart from this device