June 27, 2012: Improvements to how we gather and organize feedback
Like the trials we host at Nokia Beta Labs, we are also looking for ways to improve on how we manage trials in general. A lot of feedback we get from the community and from the product teams we work with has to do with managing feedback. Reducing duplication and increasing responsiveness have been the two main requests.
We are delighted to finally be making some updates to our feedback forums to address these issues. Here's a quick overview of the changes you'll see on the site.
Give Feedback flow
- Step-by-step flow instead of static form
- Check for similar threads (based on a few keywords) before submitting new thread
- Product team pictures show on feedback submission form with feedback hints and response rate
- Add attachments to feedback
- Add tags to feedback
- Add device info with bug reports (and saved in profile)
- “Thank you” page to conclude the feedback giving flow
- New feedback summary page
- Product team responsiveness is shown
- Profile pictures of thread creator shown in lists too
- Simple and Extended views in forum lists
- Add votes to bugs and suggestions in forum lists too
- Sort bugs and suggestions by votes
- Filter by tags
Additionally, we've extended some of the capabilities product teams have in terms of configuring their trial pages and managing feedback.
With these changes we hope that you’ll have a more rewarding experience when participating in our trials. As always, we welcome your feedback about your trial experience on the Nokia Beta Labs site forum.
October 17, 2011: A few changes at Nokia Beta Labs
- On the Nokia Beta Labs homepage, your list of My Trials is now sorted more logically:
- Trials that have been recently updated are shown first
- Once you try the updated app it is sorted among the others by date of latest update
- On the Apps page you can now filter the catalog of compatible apps per each device in your profile
- Daily digest emails of new forum responses will also contain mention of:
- New apps compatible with your devices**
- Updates to trials you are a member of**
- Fixed a bug on the give-feedback form which pushed the "Submit" button out of view in some cases
- New favicon common to all Nokia sites
- Behind the scenes we deployed a number of updates to improve the publishing capabilites for developers and a few things for our moderators too.
** To limit the number of emails going out to you, in this first phase you will only receive notifications of new/updated apps if you'd be receiving a daily digest email with forum responses anyway.
- New view called "My recent activity" includes My Feedback Threads, Unread Replies, and My Starred Items
- Able to "star" items to save them for later
- Changes to application page navigation
Major changes from earlier:
- Simple homepage promotion of what's new and intersting (when signed out)
- More personal homepage (when signed in)
- My Trials lists those betas you have tried with latest status, shortcut to give feedback (replaces Followed/Favorites concept)
- New apps list hightlights new betas compatible for your devices
- Blue profile bar (replacing earlier My Feed) notifies you of new responses to your posts
- Automatic enrollment in surveys after trying a beta (opt-out available)
- "Blue" Nokia branded site design