- Available bubbles
- Known Issues
With the Key bubble you can open the device lock without any additional actions. If the security code request is set in your device the code is requested after dragging the bubble into the drop point.
When you have an (new) unread message(s) in the device the new message bubble is available. The two latest messages will have their own drop points which are opening the appropriate conversation view. If there are more than two unread messages the third drop point provided leads you into the message list ie. opens the Inbox directly.
When you have a missed call(s) the missed call bubble is available. The two latest missed calls have their own drop points and in addition the third drop point provided leads you to the list of missed calls (Call log). (Note: The call log drop point is always available which differs from the logic used with messages).
If you have the music player active in background you can control the playback with the Music Player bubble. The drop points provided are: play/pause (toggle), next song and previous song. So if you want to pause the music just for a second you do not have to open the device but just drag the music player bubble into “pause” drop point (which then changes into “play” mode).
Similar with the Music Player bubble but works with the radio. It provides drop points to turn the radio on or off and change the next/previous predefined station in the station list.
The profile bubble enables profile change without opening the screen lock; just grab the bubble and drop it into one out of three profile drop points; general, silent or meeting. The profile can be timed by using the bubbles: just keep the bubble on top of the profile drop point about 2 seconds after which the timing drop points appear. Select the timing option you want to use and drag the bubble into it and you have timed the profile. The current timing options are 1, 2 and 3 hours.
This bubble is a bit hidden in a sense that it is not related to any event or application. You’ll see it if you press the screen somewhere where there is no bubbles. The drop points provided by the bubble are:
Background image change: if the drop point shows the “cycle” graphics you will have cycling background image for the bubbles. If the drop point shows the “still” graphics you’ll have the still background for the bubbles ie. the one youcurrently have won’t change. The change interval for the background images is currently 20 seconds.
- Background image selection. By selecting this drop point the selection “screen” is opened and you can select the images you want to use as a background image. No limits how many images you want to use. The image selection shown consists of images stored into multiple locations; the paths used are \\Data\\Images\\Backgrounds and \\Images\\Backgrounds and the drives scanned are C, E and Z. So in case you want to use your own images as a background please place the image into C or E drive into the abovementioned folders. To end the selection process just tap outside of the selection view (grid).
- NEW Bubble selection: By selecting this drop point the selection “screen” is opened and you can select the bubbles you want to be active.
Name your three best friends you are calling & sending messages most often…and attach them to the Friends bubble and you can reach them faster than ever. The Friends bubble can hold up to three contacts and by dropping the bubble into one of the drop points the call is initiated to associated person. If you want to send a message instead of calling to your friend just keep the bubble on top of the person’s drop point (about 2 secs) and you’ll have a new drop point revealed which leads you directly to message editor with address field already filled out. If you want to remove (or change) the person in the bubble just keep the bubble on top of the drop point and after the timeout you’ll see the “remove this contact” drop point which lets you release the current association.
Nokia phones can also be used as a flashlight. Some phone models has this functionality tight to some hardware key; E72 has it in spacebar key ie. by pressing the spacebar for awhile the flashlight is activated. N8 do not have this functionality build in as a default but touch phones can be used as a flashlight. With the Flashlight bubble you can active the flashlight mode and use your phone as one. To deactivate the mode just press the screen and the device returns to normal mode.
This bubble is just for fun: when killing time by throwing bubbles around you can see some statistics (from top to down): current speed, top speed of the bubbles (counted all up) and distance (added all up). Usage tip: just for fun and beating the friends :D
If the battery is running low the battery bubble appears indicating the low power situation. If the device is connected to charger while the Bubbles application starts the battery bubble indicates this situation also. There is no actions accociated to this bubble ie. it is only informative for now on.
- When selecting background images to be used please be patient and let the application load all the images before closing the selection view. Closing the view too early might cause device to jam. We have been investigating this issue but seems there might be some issues in QML side and we’ll investigate it further.
- Friends bubble is selecting the number from your contacts in following order:
1) Defaults (set default number via Options Menu in Contact detail view)
2) Mobile number
3) Telephone number
- Nokia C7 PR 1.0 sofware has an issue related to orientation switch. Orientation switch can stop working after using bubbles. Orientation switch will start to work again after restarting the phone. This problem can be fixed by updating to phone software to PR 1.1 or later. Problem will also disappear if you uninstall bubbles.
- Bubbles work only from Power key (not Menu key) when N-Desk application (from OVI store) is installed
- Deactivating bubbles from menu/power key shows black screen after a while when sleeping screen is active screensaver. Deactivating bubble view via timeout seems to work correctly.
- Friends bubbles contact picture quality is poor.