City Lens: Augmenting Reality Everywhere
With Windows Phone as our new main smartphone platform, naturally our focus for the development of our mobile location-based applications has also switched to Windows Phone. Thus moving forward, we are concentrating our efforts for the further development of Nokia City Lens on our Lumia range. You will still be able to use this current beta version for Symbian and the N9; however, it does not support the latest Nokia Belle Refresh update. We apologize for the inconvenience.
We are very grateful for your feedback, suggestions and insights and thank you for using and contributing to Nokia City Lens.
City Lens Team
A new way to easily find information and services on the go
Have you ever wished you could spot the closest restaurant or ATM? Nokia City Lens is a fun and easy way to discover what is around you. Simply launch the app on your phone and City Lens will display the points of interests in the Camera viewfinder view/ List view. Nokia City Lens connects you to what you’re looking for – and more – exactly when and where you want it. With City Lens you can:
- Select your interests in many different categories – City Lens will filter the points of interests and present your choices
- Know your options – get details, read reviews of restaurants and hotels
- Enjoy the place – with one tap you can make a reservation, or navigate to the location via turn by turn walking map
We now have a version of Nokia City Lens for Lumia phones too.
Update 30.1.2012 - (download now)
14.12.2011 - MeeGo Nokia N9 version added
MeeGo Nokia N9 City Lens version supports all the City Lens Symbian features. The only difference is that when you use the 'Share' option, the POI information is sent via an email where as in Symbian version it is via SMS.
02.12.2011 - Symbian Beta3 Version
What is different in this version?
Based on your feedback the product has been refined and has the following new features:
- Performance improvements (fixes for install issues, crashes, slowness, freezes and bug fixes)
- City Lens is now available in Camera viewfinder View and List View. Tap on the screen navigation circles on the menu bar to change the views
- Tutorial to guide through the City Lens usage and feature set
We are looking forward to your feedback!
We would love to hear from you with feedback on the product and any enhancements that you could think of to make this a better product.
Please make sure to rate our service by answering the NPS question in the client. If you want to leave more detailed feedback you can use the forum here on Beta Labs. Our team will be monitoring the feedback and we respond to you in the forum.