Nokia City Lens for Windows Phone
The City Lens trial has come to a close. You can now find the commerical version in Marketplace. We sincerely thank all who participated in the trial and gave feedback. Your contribution led to a better application that graduated to a commerical release!
All the best,
The City Lens Team
City Lens makes finding the best of what’s around you as simple and natural as looking. City Lens uses your phone’s camera display to reveal the best shops, restaurants, and points of interest as virtual signs overlaid on the buildings right in front of you, so you instantly see what’s there. Simply tap a place’s icon to see more information, get directions, or share it with friends—all within the camera viewer. Tap again to see full place information like hours, reviews, and contact information. Tilt your phone upright and City Lens brings up additional view options like list or map view. No more wandering around for a café. No more looking for street signs. With City Lens, you see what’s around you from your point of view, so finding something great has never been more natural.
Here is a look at what’s new for Nokia City Lens 1.5 Beta:
- Sightline – De-clutter your surroundings. With the new Sightline feature in City Lens, you can narrow your view to just what’s in your direct line of sight, making it easier to spot great places that are right in front of you.
- Freeze view – Browse more naturally. When scanning your surroundings in camera view, you can now freeze your view and study your options without having to keep your phone pointed at the target. Just tap and the screen “freezes,” letting you browse the scene more comfortably.
- Quick info – Get the essentials in camera view. Tap a virtual sign once to view the place’s address overlaid on your display while you keep scanning. Then tap again to share, get directions, or view reviews, photos, and more.
- Pin favorite categories to start – Your most common searches with a tap. City Lens now lets you pin favorite categories to your home screen. Now wherever you are, you can find something you love nearby with just a tap.
- Create Live Tiles – What you want at a glance. With new Live Tile support, you can easily see when your favorite places are nearby. Just pin a favorite search to your home screen and right in the tile you’ll see your closest options without even having to launch the app.