2) Drop app connects successfully via Wifi using my usual Nokia account credentials, displaying the "Connected" green dot.
3) Opening //chat.ovi.com:5223 in the Nokia browser redirects to the generic browser message page "Browser unable to connect to website: http://chat.ovi.com:5223 my configuration is standard stuff for a home network: Windows 7 SP1 x64 using its own firewall connected to a Wifi router with a SPI firewall and symmetrical NAT. The Windows network type is "Home Network".
3) Installed latest Drop Firefox extension from betalabs link. Restarted browser.
4) Went to https://drop.nokia.com/latest/home and made sure I was logged in to my Nokia account (indication in upper RHS of the page).
5) Went to several different web sites in Firefox, each time pressing the Nokia Drop extension button to send the URL to the Nokia N8. The extension icon twirls a bit, and then displays a red exclamation mark: and nothing gets transmitted to the N8.
6) Tried installing the 1.02 Notifications package, but cancelled it: my N8 already has 1.04 installed.
All of Drop worked perfectly on Symbian "Anna"(025.008.whatever), very convenient application, I hate to lose it.
Any others experiencing the same difficulties?