In this version, you'll get a larger easier-to-view map while you drive further enhances the experience. Back by popular demand in this release, Route Planner allows you to plan multiple new routes, including creating custom routes and moving start points, and even save favorite routes. For all our UK users, you can now also get directions using just your voice.
- Larger map view as you drive – A narrower dashboard means a larger map view in landscape mode. So it’s easier to navigate when you’re behind the wheel.
- Navigate hands-free with new voice search –Tap on the microphone icon and speak your destination. Available in UK English.
- Route planner is back – A much-loved feature is back, allowing users to more easily plan their route, add new route points, and see the route preview before starting to drive. You can even create custom routes and starting points and save your favorite routes.
The latest release of Maps now also shows where you’ve been. Now you can not only tell a better story but also make finding your way feel more personal by placing your geo-tagged photos right on your map.
- Put yourself on the map – Turn on “photos” in the Maps app to see all your geo-tagged pictures from your phone’s gallery placed on your map in the places they were taken.
- Faster access to public transit routes – Now long press (press and hold) on your map gives you instant access to public transit directions, as well as drive and walk.
- Search with just your voice – Users with UK SIM cards can now use voice search in English. Simply tap on the microphone icon next to the search box.
- Home-screen access to your location and nearby places – Wherever you are, you can find out what’s around you right from your home screen. Look at, save, and share the details of the nearest places with only a few taps.
Quick, instant and easy access to view my current location and save/share it to my friends.
- One click access to full maps experience.
- Save my location to favourites.
- Send my location to a friend by SMS.
Explore and interact with the Places nearby right from your home screen. Save, share or look at the details of the nearest places with only a few taps.
- Save or share the Place you’re at straight from your home screen.
- Explore cool Places nearby.
- Our Place pages show you all the reviews and pictures.
In this version, you'll get increased coverage, additional Simple routing for cities all over the world (+200 cities check the list below). It's now localized in all Symbian supported languages (+40).
Plus, get faster access to nearby public transport stations directly from the map. Simply long-tap on your map and all your public routing options will pop up automatically. And integrated step-by-step walk directions now deliver more detailed instructions to make finding the train station even easier.
- Search for public transport stations/stops, addresses and POIs.
- Choose from multiple routes and follow the list of directions for buses, trams, underground or trains.
- Get earlier/later journeys.
- Save your favourite in the homescreen to have quick access to them.
- Map integration: offer the possibility of seeing the PT stops in the map.
- Line information: the stops along a line and its frequency.
You can enjoy of all these features with time-based information in these areas:
Atlanta, Auckland, Austin, Baltimore, Barcelona, Berkshire, Berlin & Brandenburg, Boston, Budapest, Chicago, Dallas, Denmark, Denver, Edmonton, Flanders, Halifax, Helsinki, Honolulu, Houston, Las Vegas, London, Miami-Dade county, Minneapolis & Saint Paul, New York City, Philadelphia, Sacramento, San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle, San Diego, Los Angeles, Toronto, Turin, Wellington and Winnipeg.
We also offer worldwide Simple routing information. Simple routing uses the map data to calculate a heuristic route, based on the likely frequency of lines.
Check out the list of cities where coverage is available.
What's the weather like in the Bahamas right now? Is it snowing at Grandma's house? With the new Weather update, you can swipe between weather forecasts for up to 100 different cities. For extremists, you can try checking out the coldest inhabited place on Earth, Oymyakonskiy Ulus, Russia.
- Enjoy the weather in landscape view – New landscape view for Weather gives you at-a-glance convenience along with easy access to additional information.
- See weather in more cities – The new Weather update lets you swipe between weather forecasts for up to 100 different cities, including remote locations.
- Live View from our previous release stops working if this Nokia Maps Suite is installed. You need to install the new version – now named City Lens. You can get it from https://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-city-lens
- On E6-00 the Places and MyLocation widgets are currently not supported, so they won't show up in the list of widgets.
- The traffic layer is very slow to load when you turn it on.
- New Chinese Maps cannot yet be downloaded.
- When using Map Loader and there is a message: “Unrecoverable error” please do the following:
- Please reboot your device and start File Browser and navigate to Mass storage: e:\cities\MapLoader
- Delete catalog-00.02.45.109.xml and cityindex-00.02.45.109.xml
- Widget does not get any places from time to time. Moving to a different location might solve this.
- The position of the user is only shown as geocoordinates instead of address.
- Norwegian language not available.
- AM&PM are not yet translated for people using the 12-hour clock on their phones.