You can add the Nokia Reader on your phone's home screen.
1. On home screen touch and hold on any area on display.
2. Select "Personalise view"
3. Select the place you would want to have the Nokia Reader.
4. Select "Nokia Reader" from the list.
5. Select "Done" and answer "Yes" when it is asked to save the changes.
6. Now Nokia Reader will always show the latest topics directly on the home screen
- How does the directory work?
The content of the directory is based on your location and the phone's language setting. Reader fetches the list of news sources from backend server so it's good to check every now and then for any fresh content in directory. If you are located in a major city there is a good chance that news sources are specific even for your city.
- What is the application called Notifications that appeared when I installed Nokia Reader?
Nokia Reader downloads and installs an add-on called Notifications. Reader uses this optimized push notification mechanism for pushing the news from Internet to the Reader application quickly and battery efficiently. As part of this installation also a Notifications application is added to the application list.
- How does the Nokia Notifications help in minimizing the battery consumption?
The backend server handles the frequent polling from your favorite sources and forwards the news to you so that network connection on your phone is used only when needed. The server also supports PubSubHubbub push protocol which enables content push all the way from content publishers to your mobile.
- Reader asks to sign-in with Nokia Account and I do not have one. How can I get one?
You can create the account on the phone by selecting "Creata account" when it is asked. Alternatively you can create account here: Create your Nokia account.
- How to use cloud storage?
Cloud storage is used automatically and functionality is based on your Nokia Account. If you switch your phone to some other supported Series 40 device then your selections will be automatically restored for that new device.
- Can I switch to offline when I'm not using the phone?
You can easily switch the application to offline from Options -> Go Offline. Reader will automatically go back to online when you next time start it. Alternatively you can switch back to online from Options -> Go Online.
- Home sceen has a text "Waiting" on the place where I configured Reader. What should I do?
Reader was closed and the home screen therefore shows the text "waiting". To get Reader visible again on homescreen please go to phone's menu and start the Reader from there.
- How does the auto update work?
Reader will ask you to update the application to new version when such is available. All you need to do is to accept the update when Reader asks permission for it and the new version of the application will be automatically updated to your phone. You will always have the latest Nokia Reader version on your phone.
Reader allows you to receive content feeds from web to your mobile device.
What Information does Nokia collect?
The feeds you have subscribed are stored with your Nokia Account. Nokia does not share this information with a third party.
When you use this application, certain technical information such as internet protocol address (for the then current session), your mobile device's location, time zone, technical details of your client as well as your transactions with Nokia will be automatically collected by Nokia.
Although the content from the content providers is sent through Nokia’s servers, Nokia does not process such information for any purpose other than to facilitate the effective exchange of such content.