Play To for WP8
With Play To you can share your photos, videos and music from your Nokia Lumia WP8 phone to your DLNA-capable devices over your WLAN network. This could be that new big screen TV you have or maybe just your Windows laptop and/or desktop or XBox. Play To makes sharing easy.
Update May 10, 2013: Updated version of Play To available in Store
- No new features compared to earlier beta version, but we have fixed lot of issues
- Some issues are such that we haven’t been able to fix in the application side and will require a future firmware update – a typical example of such issue is the one related to Denon AVR and some other music receivers, so some patience is required.
- Please note that PS3 is not supported in this release, nor streaming content from the cloud.
Your feedback needed
Although the app is no longer a beta, we will keep the Beta Labs forum open for comments and feedback – we would like to get more feedback about the functionality – there are lot of good suggestions already, go and vote for your favorite ones or write a new suggestion – that will give us guidance what you expect from us.
Play To application will require following firmware or greater in order to work:
- Nokia Lumia 920 - PR1.1 (1232.5951.1249.0001)
- Nokia Lumia 820 - PR1.1 (1232.5951.1249.0001)
- Nokia Lumia 822 - PR1.1
- Nokia Lumia 810 - PR1.1
- Nokia Lumia 620 - Any firmware
- Nokia Lumia 520 - Any firmware
In case you don't have correct firmware, please ensure you update the firmware when it is available for your device.
Play To doesn't yet work as a digital media server, so unfortunately it won't work with PS3.This is a feature we plan to introduce in some future release. Streaming of music is also limited to local content which is stored on the device.
We will keep a list of devices which are working with the application in the More Info tab. We will also list devices with reported issues. Before reporting interoperability issues, please check the list.