This trial has been concluded. Read more >>
On which version of Symbian is the client supported?
We have tested on PR1 and Symbian Anna.
Why does the installation take so long?
The Universal Search Client has been packaged together with a needed Qt stack and analytics components to allow us to improve the quality of the application going forward. If the Qt stack on your device is not up to date, the smart installer will download the latest Qt stack along with the application.
What should I do if the installation does not finalize?
Check your application menu there should be a smart installer icon from where you can click to resume installation.
I already have a newer version of Search installed on my device, should I still install the version from Beta Labs?
Yes, the Beta Labs version is the only one currently able to provide results from Nokia Maps, Ovi Store, Ovi Music and web search suggestions.
Known issues under discussion
- Making the home-screen more that an application launcher.
- Ranking of location—Sometimes locations results are not ordered by distance
- Indexing Memory Card—currently we are unable to index and retrieve information from the memory card
- Indexing Email – email is not including in the current search release
- WiFI/Network not disconnecting when the search application is closed – we are investigating this issue
Quick tips for using Universal Search Beta
- Suggestions will appear as you enter text in Search query box
- As you enter the first 2–5 characters, the correct result will likely appear at or near the top of the results.
- You can select a result as soon as you see it, and tap to move into the related application.
- If your query is more browsing related, and therefore several suggestions may be useful, just scroll to review the entire list.
- Tapping on the green checkmark will remove the keyboard, for easier viewing of the entire list.
- When you launch a new search, previous search results remain. You can clear these quickly with a long tap on the backspace key.